Monday, February 14, 2011

6 and 7 Months

Eli's growing up so fast! He's now 7 months old and about 13 pounds. Over the past month he's become very active, I can barely look away for a moment before he's getting into trouble! Although, most of the time he's so much fun and I just love seeing him grow and change everyday. He's gotten two teeth and based on his attitude today, I'd guess he might have a third on the way. He's started to crawl a little bit but hasn't quite mastered putting one hand in front of the other yet. And today, Jason and I put him in the crib to play and looked over a few minutes later to find he had pulled himself up on the side and was standing all by himself! I couldn't believe it, I guess it's time to lower the mattress!


I'd have to say this play mat has been the greatest purchase ever! Although, we actually didn't purchase it, it was a gift, but still! As soon as he was 2 months old and his vision started to come in he just loved to lay on this mat for hours and stare at the toys. As he began to figure out his hands and could finally grab the toys and play with them it was like he fell in love with the play mat all over again. Then, when he learned to sit up it was like he had an all new perspective of his toys and once again, fell in love with the mat like it was a whole new thing! Now, however, he has advanced to crawling/squirming and pulling himself up on things and sadly, has lost interest in the beloved play mat. It's been quite a savior when I've needed to get things done but I think it's officially time to retire this wonderful toy until the next child.
Sometimes, quite frankly, Eli's a weirdo. Case and point, the video below. I have no idea what he's doing but it's his new thing, he does it all the time! You may be thinking he's got a number 2, but I check and he doesn't. Who knows? It's kind of funny though.
Now that the play mat has been retired, the only thing that seems to hold Eli's interest, besides food (he wants to eat non-stop), is his Johnny Jump-Up. I think it's so cute that I feel the need to video tape him every time he's in it. I know the one of him bouncing in his sleep is a bit long, but I never seem to know when to turn the camera off.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the videos! Tiff he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi and I could NOT stop laughing at that first video! Eli is so funny!

    ReplyDelete