Monday, July 9, 2012

The Kiddos and the Month of May

Eli is going to be 2 pretty soon! How did that happen? He sure is growing up fast, he has always been a big talker but recently, his vocabulary and sentence structure is noticably advancing every day. I read on BabyCenter.com that kids this age can learn up to 10 new words a day, I definitely notice this in Eli's case. It's crazy how quickly toddlers grow and change all the time. It's neat to watch but also sad, where did my baby go!? Oh wait, I have another baby so it's ok. But no, she's 8-months-old already! She'll be a toddler soon, too. I can't handle it! Anyway Here's some pictures of the kids lately.
Jason and I, while in the same room, were not really paying attention to Eli. Then we looked over and this is what we saw, he had put the Bumbo on the couch all by himself, stole Kyah's bink, found these glasses somewhere and was watching tv just like this.
Daddy taking a nap. Kyah obviously wasn't tired.
First time in the high chair.
I've been a big advocate of glass bottles... until I realized that babies can hold their own bottle, thus making my life much easier, when their bottles are plastic. So I swtiched to plastic... I know, way to stick to my guns : (
Someone traded in her bink for her thumb!
She finally learned how to sit up on her own at 7 1/2 months. A little behind the norm but I'm just relieved she can finally do it, another thing that makes life easier!
And she became mobile... not quite crawling but rolling and scooting all over the place.
In May, both of the kids got the stomach bug... TWICE! Jason and I got it the first time around, it took us all about a week to fully recover and the very next week, the kids got it again! It was much worse the second time around. Eli pretty much didn't move from this spot on the couch for 48 straight hours. Poor guy... I was terrified that I was going to get it again, too, but fortunately I didn't. The hardest part about motherhood, in my opinion, is that you can never call in sick! If my kids get sick I can take care of them, but if I'm sick, too, then it's really hard and I feel sorry for myself.
He threw up on all his "bees" (Eli's term for blanky), so I had to give him one of Kyah's.
New Cars sippy cups! YAY
Kyah got her own sippy cup to try out, too. 
Eli decided to empty out his entire bucket of toys for "Loo Loo" (his name for Kyah). What a sweet big brother. I'm pretty sure most of the toys at the bottom of that bucket have never seen the light of day... He only wants to play with a ball of some sort.
Now that Kyah's mobile, if I take my eye off her for a minute, there's no tellin' where she'll go!
Kyah's turn with the tummy bug. Eli never had stomach flu when he was a baby and now she's already had it twice! Poor thing.

Magic City Mudder:
When I was at the gym back in February, I saw an advertisement for a muddy 5k. I grabbed the brochure and threw it in my bag without paying much attention to it. Later that night I handed it to Jason and said we should do it as a fun couples activity. He didn't pay any attention to the brochure either and just went to the website and signed us up. As the race approached, we went to the website and there was a video we watched of footage from past races, it suddenly dawned on us that we had signed ourselves up for a pretty intense race. Jason said it was going to be like a Tough Mudder, which I've heard about and am terrified of! Anyway, I was really scared but we went to the race and according to the officials, in comparison to a Tough Mudder, this race had the same number of obstacles, but was only half the distance. So, not a Tough Mudder, thankfully! It was really hard though. It wasn't like running a 5k on flat land, it was more like running up a mountain, on rocky dirt trails, with a bunch of obstacles and muddy lakes you had to wade through. I had just gotten over the stomach flu and not to mention, I've been pregnant and or nursing for almost 3 years, plus taking care of two babies all the time doesn't allow me to work out that much (I know I said I go to the gym, but Eli cries and the nursery workers come and get me after only 20 minutes all the time). So, needless to say, I'm certainly not at my physical peak, and yes, I was a pathetic site. I did finish though, in over an hour! Jason stayed with me the whole time but I think I was painstakingly slow for him... he runs every day though! Anyway, this race has inspired me to get back into fighting shape and run a real Tough Mudder... not this cheap knock off ; ) We'll see if that actually happens!
I wish you could see just how muddy we actually are. The picture just doesn't do it justice.
Kyah-Lynn can ride in the grocery cart now! What a big girl :)
She's in the stage where she LOVES the shopping cart because it's new and different to her, while Eli's in the stage where he hates it and cries (kicks/screams, same difference?) every time I put him in it. But at Costco they can sit next to each other in the cart, and it makes them both happy!
Kyah HATES snuggles! You know how a baby falls asleep while you feed them? Well, if I don't lay her down immediately after she's done eating, and try to sneak in a few minutes of snuggle time, she wakes up screaming her head off like I have seriously violated her. It's ridiculous. She's such a girl. But on this particular occasion, I finished feeding her and tried to snuggle her a bit, and she actually let me! It was the best! Look how cute she is? I made Jason take a picture (while I pretended to sleep) to document the rare occasion. 
Playing "Shoop." His favorite activity.

That's May!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids! Bri's the same way with snuggles. Since she was a tiny baby, she didn't want to be rocked or held, she just wanted to be put in her bed so she could go to sleep. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete