Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Eli and the Kangaroos....

This happened back in November, but I took these pictures on my camera and shortly after got my iphone, so I stopped using my camera and completely forgot about uploading the pictures that were on it! Oops. 
Anyway, we were at the zoo, or more specifically the kangaroo exhibit, with some friends one day. Kyah was just getting the hang of walking so I was holding her hands while she walked around and Eli and Finley were playing just a few feet away when all of a sudden I heard my friend say "Eli's in the kangaroo cage!" I looked up and saw him not only in the cage but walking towards a pack of large kangaroos! I went ballistic screaming for him to get out of the cage, began to climb the fence, still screaming like a mad woman and finally he came out (but not without first staring at me for a moment with a sly grin on his face). It was the scariest day of my life! I actually thought my child was going to die! I was shaking for a long time afterward and even had nightmares about it. 
I told my family and friends about the incident and they all said I needed to tell the zoo that my 2-year-old walked right into the kangaroo exhibit and could have been killed! So, after a couple of weeks I went back to the zoo and talked to a zoo keeper about what had happened. She didn't seem concerned at all by my story and simply said that kangaroos are like deer. They could easily hop the tiny fence any time they please but they're afraid of humans and if Eli had run towards them they would have run away! Ha ha, OH!! There goes my big dramatic, near death experience that gave me nightmares! Apparently not such a big deal at all. Thank goodness!
The scene of he crime:
 
And some other pictures from the day:
Feeding goats... and Eli crying in time out : /
A goat sleeping with its head against the wall... Eli playing on a tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment