Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Since Mother's Day is on a Sunday and we couldn't really do much, I decided we should celebrate on Saturday instead. The weather was beautiful and since our house was showing pretty much all afternoon, we decided to go up to Boulder and hike the Flatirons. Eli experienced his Baby Bjorn for the first time ever and he loved it. He was so well behaved the entire hike. He waved and gave high fives to the passing hikers and was just in aww of all the scenery, people, sunshine and nice breeze. It was a fun day but geez, we sure are out of shape! If you've ever hiked the Boulder Flatirons, it's not exactly difficult terrain but we seriously struggled and were both completely exhausted afterwards. Kind of embarrassing...










No trip to Boulder is complete without going to my one of my favorite restaurants ever, Cheba Hut!
If you haven't heard of this place there are only 4 that I know of, 2 in Fort Collins, 1 in Boulder and 1 in Denver. I feel uncomfortable every time I go there because it is completely Marijuana-themed. Obviously, not my thing. The menu items are named after vaious types of Marijuana, the restaurant is decorated in pot leaves and stoner-friendly bumper stickers, they play Bob Marley constantly which, I absolutely HATE, the list goes on. However, I cannot deny that Cheba Hut truly has the most amazing sandwiches I've ever tasted. Also, I'm slightly ashamed to say that while I was in school in Fort Collins, I probably ate there often enough to single-handedly keep the restaurant in business. Basically, if you come across one, I strongly recommend it. And with that, my Mother's Day was perfectly complete. Except, it was only Saturday!

Sunday
Lately I have been craving a Cinnabon, there's one inside the Schlotzky's right by our house and every time we drive by it I say how much I want one but never seem to simply pull over and get one. So, Jason got me one on Saturday and somehow kept it hidden from me until Sunday morning when he surprised me with it for breakfast... along with a nice card and present (a pair of white pants- something I've also been wanting but never simply went to buy). We went to church and later in the evening Jason cooked a nice dinner and made yummy white chocolate-covered strawberries- YUM! All in all, a very nice Mother's Day.


I'm pretty impressed with my 10 month-old's writing and drawing abilities ;o)

1 comment: