Sunday, January 6, 2013

Florida Thanksgiving

We spent this Thanksgiving at my Mom and Ricks' house in Florida. Jason was able to get out of class so we could leave on Tuesday and have 4 whole days there before having to come home the following Sunday. 

It was a short trip but really fun, I love seeing my Mom! Eli is obsessed with her, too. Plus, Uncle Ty Ty, who Eli also can't get enough of, came out from Denver! My camera is just not cutting it these days so I only took these few pictures with my Mom's camera:
Eli and Kyah playing in Rafa-Roo's play pen.
Running and jumping on Ty Ty's bed. 
The beach. It was SO SO cold! We didn't take any other pictures but these videos are pretty funny. The kids went right in the water (which was freezing cold) in their clothes and all! I allowed it, against my better judgement, because they were having so much fun! After about 20 minutes though, we had to strip them down and bundle them up.
Eli is so funny when he runs!
She's crazy!
 Loo Loo and Pop Pop.

When Kyah-Lynn was first born, we got a bit of grief about hyphenating her name. This made me bound and determined to call her by her FULL name at absolutely all times. However, Kyah-Lynn quickly evolved into Kyah-Lynnie (in a high-pitched voice like you're talking to a baby), which somehow turned into just plain Lynnie, followed by Lynnie-Loo, and eventually Loo Loo. I know, it's ridiculous. But since Eli was only 1 and barely talking when she was born, I was trying to figure out a cute nick name for her that he could say, which at the time, was Loo Loo. Now he has been calling her Loo Loo for pretty much her whole life, and whenever we'd refer to her while talking to him we had to call her Loo Loo, too. Suddenly, out of habit we're all calling her Loo Loo and all our family calls her Loo Loo, too. It all started for Eli's sake but now the only name she responds to is Loo Loo! It's recently even been shortened, on occasion, to just Loo! Thank you, Jason : /    I'm beginning to fear she'll still be Loo Loo when she goes to college! The moral of the story is, don't hyphenate your child's name.
 That darn mall choo choo!!! It makes him SO happy though :)
 Nona bought Eli a Big Wheel as his early Christmas present. He calls it his motor cycle and he is absolutely obsessed! He begs to ride it every day. I'll either have to take him to the park every day to ride it or if it's too cold, we'll go to the church so he can ride around the gym. He also wants to wear his helmet around the house all day! 
 Since Eli was upgraded to the 'motorcycle' Kyah finally got the train all to herself. She was pretty excited about it.
What a little stud. 

As for Thanksgiving day, I guess we didn't take any pictures. Kind of sad. My Aunt Helena and Uncle Joe came over and we had a nice time. Ate a ton of delicious food, as always, played some cards... and that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment