Friday, May 14, 2010

I've Not Quite Gotten the Hang of "Blogging"

It's been quite some time since I've updated our blog, but we've been VERY busy! We moved into a new apartment last month and also went on vacation to California! However, a recent development in the pregnancy has left me with A LOT of time on my hands.
The past few weeks I have been having very strong contractions which, I thought were Braxton Hicks, but after several ultrasounds and other tests, apparently the baby is trying to make his debut a little bit (9 weeks) early! As a result, I have been instructed not to work more than 4 hours a day (sitting only--which is difficult considering my entire job is walking), otherwise, I should be at home on the couch or in bed. Two days in, I'm finding this very difficult... And Jason is VERY strict! On the bright side, this new development has made us realize that we've barely done anything to prepare for the baby's arrival!
Nine months seems like all the time in the world until all of a sudden, it's almost here! My doctor asked me if I had registered at the hospital yet or gotten a pediatrician... Ummmm, nobody told me to do that! I can't believe that when I have this baby, they just let us take him home!!! Don't they know we're not qualified?!?! Anyway, we finally started to "get in gear," so to speak. I registered at not one but TWO hospitals (in case I can't make it all the way to SkyRidge, I will go to Swedish instead, since it's closer). Go me! We (and by we I mean my mom) got a car seat, a stroller (thanks again not to us, but to Ryan, Erin and the Glover in-laws) and a pack in play... no crib, bedding, swinging/bouncy/music-playing seat, a single article of clothing or pediatrician yet, but it's a start. Hopefully, bed rest won't last too long so that I can actually get everything else we need too... preferably BEFORE the baby comes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry. You will be ready when the little one comes. We are excited for you guys and Kherington is especially excited for a cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,
    Sorry to hear you are on "couch rest". On the bright side now you can get plenty of rest before the baby comes :). You are both responsible and loving, thats all the baby needs. Have fun shopping for all the baby stuff. Hopefully you have a baby shower before he decides to make his way into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on bed rest. I know first hand that it's a bummer - dang those strict husbands! Let me know if you need help with anything or need any recommendations on gear/clothing/etc. I have two sisters-in-law that have been SUPER informative. I think we've got everything and then some with the exception of diapers. Have you thought about a baby registry? That will help some, too, especially since you're having a baby shower. Like Amanda said, hopefully Eli will come around after the shower.

    ReplyDelete